We saw a great recipe for decorating some cheeky chirpy chick cupcakes on the Taste Of Home website – perfect for An Easter party. We had to share it with you!
- 2 cans of vanilla frosting (16 ounces each),
- yellow food colouring,
- 12 cupcakes – prepared or made yourself,
- brown chocolate M&M’s,
- orange gum drops.
How to do it:
- Put aside 1/4 cup of the frosting for the chicks eyes. Colour the remaining frosting yellow with the food colouring.
- Place the frosting in a pastry bag with #17 open star tip.
- Pipe stars covering the top of the cupcakes. Then pipe circular mounds for the head and pipe wings on each side.
- Using the plain frosting in a pastry bad with a #2 round tip, pipe dots for eyes. Then too with M&M’s.
- Flatten the gum drops and cut into small triangles and attach to the heads for beaks.
And there we have it …. some great Easter cupcakes!