However it is so important to make sure that you are all safe.
Follow Fireman Sam’s top safety tips to make sure your family is safe on bonfire night.
1. Build bonfires in a safe location, away from danger.
2. Ensure that your bonfire is stable and remember to never light it with flammable liquid.
3. Keep everyone well back from open fires and ensure children are supervised at all times.
4. Know how to extinguish your bonfire in an emergency.
5.Always pour water on the embers before leaving the bonfire at the end of a bonfire party.
6. Always keep your fireworks in a closed metal box and take them out one at a time. And remember children should not have access to or be near fireworks.
7. Always follow the instructions when using fireworks and if it is dark always read them by torchlight and never by a naked flame. Ensure you only buy fireworks from reputable retailers.
8. Always light fireworks at arm’s length with a taper. You must never return to a lit firework and never throw a spent firework on a bonfire.
9. Always hold sparklers at arm’s length and wear gloves when handling them. Once the sparklers are out make sure you put them in a bucket of water.
10. Do not give sparklers to children under 5 years old and remember, never run with sparklers.
Have a great bonfire night but always remember safety first!