Planting Trees At The Crocky Trail
Planting trees can help save the environment in many different ways and here is how:
- Trees help to combat Global Warming as they absorb carbon dioxide and other potentially harmful gases from the aie and release Oxygen.
- One large tree can supply a day’s supply of oxygen for four people.
- They can also improve area water quality.
- They help to make the ground fertile for other plants.
- Fallen tree leaves can reduce soil temperature and soil moisture loss.
- Trees create an ecosystem to provide habitat and food for birds and other animals.
Over the years The Crocky Trail has had the opportunity to plant thousands of trees at Cotton Abbotts, increasing the wildlife numbers and helping with air quality.
So far we have planted the following types:
- Scots Pine,
- American Redwood.
This winter we plan to get back out there and do it all again planting trees – hundreds of them!
So we’d be interested to know what your favorite trees are and which you would like to see planted.
Let us know at email@example.com